This time last year I made a Thailand Bucketlist.
I wrote it to document what I wanted to get done this year whilst I was in Thailand, and to be honest I’d completely forgotten about it! Looking back at it is interesting to see what I actually managed to do and what I didn’t. So today I’m going to go through my old bucketlist to see what I did and go through a new one for this year!
- Phi Phi Islands– Skye’s been to the Phi Phi Islands but I haven’t got the chance. I’m also terrified of boats so not sure why there’s so many places on here that you need to use boats to get to.
- Krabi– Didn’t manage Krabi but would still love to. Maybe I can try this year!
- Railay– Went near Railay but didn’t get the chance to visit the beautiful beaches unfortunately.
- Koh Nangyuan– Another island! I think I need to take all the islands off this list!
- Elephant Nature Park– I haven’t visited Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai but as you probably know (I’ve been three times) I go to Maerim Elephant Sanctuary instead!
6. Phuket– I actually have made it to Phuket! I’ve been twice, once for my birthday last year and once when my family were visiting.
7. Khao Sok National Park– Didn’t get the chance to visit but I still see this place all over Instagram so would love to go.
8. Wat Phra That Doi Suthep– I did go up Doi Suthep in Chiang Mai just after Christmas! It was a beautiful temple but it was very busy when we went.
9. Koh Samui– I still haven’t visited Koh Samui yet but would still love to go!
This years bucketlist will be a little bit different. Instead of all places, I’m also going to mix in things I want to get done this year too! I’ll accompany these with some gorgeous photos from my favourite instagrammers at the minute!
(Credit to Stephmylife!)
Bali has been on my bucketlist I think for as long as I can remember. It’s such a beautiful place that has always intrigued me. And I’m so much closer to it now so getting there this year might be on the cards!
2. More Waterfalls
(Credit to Americanandthebrit!)
I’ve made it my mission this year to visit as many waterfalls as I possibly can! They can be in any country but I just want to see them all!
(Credit to Wanderingkayma!)
Pai has been becoming more popular with tourists because it’s such a beautiful place to visit. Quite a nice drive from Chiang Mai too which is great. I really want to try and make it to Pai for a few days this year.
4. Floating Breakfast
(Credit to Agirlwhoblooms!)
So this one isn’t a place but it’s a thing. These have become super popular this year on Instagram, how can they not, they look delicious and amazing! Would love to have one this year!
5. Get a tan
I know this might seem like a weird bucketlist but for someone who lives in Thailand, my tan is awful! It’s weird because I don’t regularly sit outside in the sun all day like I would if I was on holiday. So I want to spend more of my time outside reading and getting a glowing tan!
6. Make more friends!
Lastly and one of the most important is make more friends. We’ve made some amazing friends whilst being here but we’d love to make some blogging friends that share the same passion as us!
So this isn’t a huge bucketlist about wanting to travel around everywhere and see everything but it’s just something simple and easy that I feel is more realistic for this year!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, don’t forget to check out my last one where we explore Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai!